Saturday, December 11, 2010

Birthday Party, Christmas Party, Parades, all done!

Wow...here's to 24 hours I'm glad are behind me.  lol  Today is my little Savannah's birthday.  She is finaly a 4 year old.  She was hoping to be 5 like her sister, but at the end of the day she settled with 4.  Thank heavens!!  Well, we knew today was going to be very hectic so we started of the whirlwind with Savannah's birthday party yesterday.  We kept this pretty low key and just invited a couple friends over for a "play date"  So glad they could come and I think everyone had a great time.  Oh and can I just say that Betty Crocker's birthday cake tutorials are awesome!!  If you ever need a fun little cake check there, but beware that they can be time consuming. 
After the fun birthday party we raced off to the church to get ready for our ward Christmas party, which also was a lot of fun.  The best part was when Santa came to visit.  My girls were ready for him this year and with their letters in hand they marched up to see Santa. By his look, I think Santa was a little surprised at the length of Genevieve's list!  We even got a picture with all three girls with Santa before Evelynn realized she was sitting on a very strange jolly old man's lap.  We got two pictures in, and then the jig was up. 
After setting up and cleaning up at the church we went home for some much needed sleep.  
Then the race started off bright and early this morning.  We were off to the parade route on Water St. in downtown Henderson.  Fortunatly we don't live to far away!  I got the girls off with their teacher and then ran(I'm to lazy to run, I really drove) to the opposite end of the parade route and waited till my two little tutu wearing girls got to me.  Of course Savannah was on the opposite side of the street so I raced around till I got pictures of them both dancing down the street.  Once that was over we raced home, changed into their real costumes and headed back to Water St. for the performance.  We made it there with a few minutes to spare, thanks to the awesome band that took a little longer than they should have.  I needed those few moments, because I was one nervous mamma and didn't have things as put together as they should have been.  Finally the girls were ready to go and I found a seat and tried recording and taking pictures of them all  while pretending to keep an eye on Evelynn too....uggg Sean had to work and missed out on this fun, so I had to make sure and take plenty of pictures.  : )  Some how we made it through the day, but gosh I don't remember feeling this tired in a long time!  Lots of fun in these last 24 hours...glad it's all done, at least till next year!
PS  The last picture is the end result of a tantrum my now 4 year old had, because she wanted to wear a rainbow costume like her sisters.  Wow, it went on and on.  Did I mention I'm kind of glad this day is over?










3 comments:

Kellie & Cody said...

That is a busy day!!!! Your family is darling! And thanks for your posts! It was so good to hear from you!!

Maryanne said...

Wow! So much going on. I'm glad you made it through. What rotation is Sean on right now?

Cara said...

Maryanne, I can't get on your blog, can you invite me? Sean is at the NICU this month and they are working him over pretty good! Ugg, can't wait for the month to be over. lol
Kellie, I love your blog, it's so fun to see what you guys are up there doing. I'm really gald we've been able to keep in touch all these years!